We’ve got BIG plans and we need your support to help us make them happen. Fortunately, there’s loads of ways to do this.
We’re a not-for-profit organisation, limited by guarantee. We’re dedicated to supporting and celebrating the magazine industry, but without funds we’ll not be able to do this for long. You can help us financially:
- Become a Patron. You can donate as little or as much as you like through the funding platform Patreon. Patreon is a fantastic way to support people working in the creative industries, who would otherwise be unable to work full-time, part-time or anytime on their passion. Whether you can donate enough to buy us a cup of coffee, or make a major contribution towards our rent (those aren’t the only options), ALL donations are very much appreciated.
- Sponsor us. If you’re a supplier to the magazine publishing industry and want to support the International Magazine Centre, then get in touch to discuss ways in which we can work with you to promote your business and connect you with publishers.
- Make a large donation. If you’re a larger magazine publisher, organisation keen to support the creative industries, or philanthropist with a love of magazines, you can make a one-off or regular larger donation. Talk to us about how we can make your magazine dreams come true.
Spread the Word
The more international involvement we have, the more international the Centre will be. You can help us by spreading the word:
- Tweet. So simple yet so powerful, do follow us, say something nice about us or tag us on interesting magazine news at @MagazineCentre on Twitter.
- Make introductions. We’re looking to connect with international magazine publishers, creative organisations, trade associations, suppliers to and affiliates of the magazine industry. If you know someone who could help us or who you think should know about the International Magazine Centre, we’d love an introduction.
- Connect with consumers. The International Magazine Centre has been set-up to support magazine publishers and a big part of that is promoting magazines and magazine publishing to consumers. We’ll be running pop-up International Magazine Centres in future, where we’ll connect with consumers in person, but in the meantime, we’d welcome any promotion you can do for us through your own magazines. Please drop us a line to have a chat about how.
Use us as a tool for your business, make some content, give back to your industry, whatever – we welcome your involvement. You can help us by getting involved:
- Offer us a space. Do you have the perfect venue for the International Magazine Centre? We’re looking for somewhere that has high public footfall to engage with consumers, but otherwise we’re very open to offers and suggestions. Or could you offer us a space for our pop-ups? We’re looking for international spaces for from one week to one month for pop-ups.
- Suggest an idea. We’ve been speaking to publishers and have come up with some brilliant ideas for the International Magazine Centre that are truly international, but we’re always looking for more. Do you have an idea for something that you think could really help all or even just a small part of the international magazine community? Let us know and we’ll do our utmost to make it happen.
- Talk. We’re looking for senior publishers to talk at our events (either in person or over Skype) and to be involved with our Training courses. If you have a great story to tell or would like to recommend someone else’s then get in touch.
- Licensing Hub. If you’d like to license your magazines internationally or are looking for magazines to take on in your own country then our Licensing Hub is for you. Email us if you’d like to be included.
- Ambassadors. Become an International Magazine Centre Ambassador to help us make connections, work on our initiatives with us or offer advice based on your own experiences as a business owner, marketer, landlord, PR professional, or more.
- Create or recommend content. We’re on the look out for Amazing Ideas or Incredible Articles for our Inspiration page. If you’ve done or heard of something that you think other publishers could learn from, or you’ve written, recorded or seen an amazing article in a magazine, then contact us to contribute or make a recommendation.
- Pop-ups. We’re planning to hold pop-up International Magazine Centres at creative centres across the world, to connect with consumers, help spread the word about the wonder of magazines, and encourage people to get involved with the International Magazine Centre. Each pop-up will last around a week and will include international magazines for sale, workshops aimed at new publishers and graduates in the host country, and magazine talks and networking events in association with the host country’s publishers and trade associations. If you’d like to work with us on hosting an event in your country, include your magazine or run a workshop, email us for a chat.
If all that sounds amazing but you’re not sure how it fits with you, then sign-up for the International Magazine Centre newsletter to hear more ideas of how to be involved in future, as well as inspiration from the world’s publishers, amazing articles, magazine launches, event news and more: