Join us for two half-day workshops with multimedia training consultant Corinne Podger
30 November & 2 December 2022, 9.30am-1.30pm GMT both days
About the course
Building strong online customer relationships has become essential to successful business in 2022. People are more likely to buy from you if they know you, trust you, and like you. Video is a great way of creating personal connections with your customers.
In this two–part masterclass, you will learn what makes a great video for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and how to use YouTube, Instagram Reels and TikTok to take your brand to new audiences.
About your trainer
Corinne Podger is a multimedia training consultant from Australia, who has trained newsrooms and social impact organisations in over 60 countries to use affordable desktop tools and smartphones to create video, podcasts, multimedia, photography and infographics to boost digital reach and strengthen audience engagement.
Recent clients include Trinity Mirror, the Financial Times, the Independent, BBC Media Action, Thomson Reuters Foundation, ABC Australia, the World Health Organisation, the European Climate Foundation, and Google News Initiative.
Corinne teaches on a sessional basis at the Universities of Sydney and Melbourne. Prior to launching her consultancy, Corinne worked as a print, radio, online, social media and television journalist for over 20 years, primarily for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and the BBC World Service.
What will the course cover?
Session One on 30 November will cover:
- the basics of filming short horizontal and vertical videos using a smartphone
- how to edit and brand your videos with free and low-cost tools
- how to use social video tools like TikTok and Instagram for shoot-editing
- you will be given a video assignment to shoot, edit, and upload before Session Two
Session Two on 2 December will cover:
- a watch party to review everyone’s videos and share feedback and ideas.
- how to optimise video posts to all six platforms
- how often to post
- how to develop a consistent, trusted presence for your target audience
Need to know
Date and Time: 30 November & 2 December 2022, 9.30am-1.30pm GMT both days
You will need:
- A laptop or desktop – Zoom version 5.9.1 will be used – you’ll receive a link and password for the event once you have reserved your place
- A smartphone and smartphone headset
- A notepad and pen
- To set-up a Gmail address if you don’t have one – you will need it to create YouTube videos
- To install TikTok and Instagram on your phone
- To install VN on your phone, a free social video editing app – IOS Download Link, Android Download Link
> Full price: £150 for both days (£150 total)
> Patrons: £130 (become an International Magazine Centre Patron for discounts on training, free attendance at events, mentoring and more). If you are a Patron and have not already received a discount code please get in touch.
> Pay it Forward: Many publishers are finding it tough at the moment. If you’re in a position to do so, we invite you to donate the price of a ticket for someone who would otherwise be unable to attend.
Many thanks to our event partners for their fantastic support
White Light Media is a content agency dedicated to winning hearts and minds. Our work is based on powerful storytelling, beautiful design and close collaboration with our clients. Contact email@example.com to speak about collaborating on any content projects.